Wednesday, March 12, 2008

goodness!

Wednesday March 12 840pm
Yesterday i signed the lease on the apartment. horray! The landlady and her family are lovely. The other tenants on the property are also very nice. The apartment is quirky. its certainly not a new style. but the point is it is a safe neighborhood, safe and quick walk to work and affordable. I will take pictures when i remember. maybe tomorrow. and i will send my address in an email, i dont want to post it.

yesterday there was a censure of the Prime Minister here in Australia because he did not promise to give a lump sum of 1600$ to the care givers. He was thinking about splitting it into 4 payments throughout the year. From what i understand a censure is a pretty serious thing. its a big mandatory meeting where the legislative people yell at each other because they disagree. if we had one every time our parties disagreed we really would never get anything done.

i also went to Bondi Junction yesterday and today (nope Aubrey, not the beach...). The bank and The Body Shop are there. It was my first experience with the bus and it was very easy. The Body Shop here in Australia carries the exact same products that the US Body Shops do. In fact, we have more stuff. I purchased coconut milk lotion because i looooove it!! and paid about 8$ more for it here. the only thing that is better is their bag for life. super usable. it has a flat bottom so i plan on taking it to the grocery store instead of using plastic bags.


Today I purchased a fridge. A second hand fridge. Most important it is clean and it works. i priced out renting a fridge of about the same size and it would cost me around $800 for 15 mo. This one was $200 and they delivered it AND carried it into the apartment for me. Sorry Aubrey, not a Bondi boy. These guys were French but one of them couldve qualified as a surfer long as he didnt speak.

i also, of course, have pictures of birds. the birds really are different and beautiful here.


This bird was on my walk back to the lodge from my apartment. I think its a magpie. It makes a sound almost like a cat or baby crying. Even her beak is black and white.


This bird was crazy. i was sitting at a bench ON CAMPUS and here comes this bird walking right towards me. i wasnt eating, i was just sitting. i busted out my camera, took some picks and hightailed it outta there because i didnt want him to go crazy on me. check out that beak. imagine if that started pecking at you!

I will end today with TimTams. yum yum yum. some of you may know one of my super fav things from england are caramel chocolate digestive cookies. well, no digestives here, but there are TimTams. chocolaty chocolate goodness! they even have a kind with caramel in them. those will be next.


xo S*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heyyyy Sharon,

I am so happy that you found a place - i can not wait to see pictures. You are to cute when you talk about all the pretty birds you see. Love ya!

xoxoJill

Anonymous said...

well you better get to work, bondi boy in the mail immediately, I'll take french too if need be!(but make him compact, I need to be able to hide him from jeff). I'm so happy you got the apt you wanted, and a cheap fridge. YOu know, if you keep up at this rate, you're going to become one of my daily sites to read, along with perezhilton(don't tell, that's a secret).